Day three would be a bitter sweet day for me. A sad one because it would be the day that I have to say goodbye to my family, yet happy because I get to spend a few days with Lynne, my best friend from high school.

On my last morning at Ikeys house, I was the first out of bed. When I walked into the living room, Ikey, Caleb and Harley were in the same exact spot I had left them in the night before. After finishing a late night movie they all just fell asleep right where they were sitting. Ikey was in the recliner (humming his tune), Walker was on the couch and Caleb on the floor.

I quietly made me a cup of hot tea and went outside to sit on the front porch swing. The air was hot, thick with humidity…just the way I like it, and the dogs and cat came to tell me good morning…again…just the way I like it. While I was enjoying my quiet morning I noticed a truck coming up the drive. To my pleasant surprise, it was the third installment of the Byrd brothers, Jeffery!

As a young girl, I related to Jeffery the most, probably because we were closest in age…he was older than I (and still is I might add) which made him the perfect BIG brother…which I always dreamed of having.

We hugged necks, laughed and reminisced…it had been way too long…shame on us for letting life get in the way! We made planes for me to come to his house a little later in the day…then he was off to get some work done.

In the mean time Ikey had fried about 15 pounds of bacon and made about 100 pancakes…my kids were in hog heaven…no pun intended 😉 after breakfast Ikey went for a haircut and took the kids with him. About thirty minuts later I heard sirens! I looked out the front window to see this huge red fire truck with lights flashing, sirens blaring and two ecstatic kids sitting in the front seat!

Come to find out Ikey is the fire chief of the local volunteer fire department.

I don’t know who was having the most fun, Ikey or the kids. I mean, what kid wouldn’t want to take a ride in a real fire truck?

Soon thereafter it was time for us to say our good-byes. We hugged and kissed and promised not to wait so long next time. Then we gathered for one last picture.

I love this family. Thank you Ikey for showing us such a good time. And thank you to Beth, his sweet wife, for opening up your home to us and cooking two delicious meals. You’re the best!

The next stop was to Jeffery’s house. We hopped in the car and drove about 200 yards down the road to his beautiful home he built on the back part of his momma and daddy’s land. They had dogs, cats, chickens, horses, cows and a pony…my kind of place!

After an hour of laughing and playing catch up it was once again time to say good bye. We gathered for a picture, exchanged numbers, said our good byes and promised to keep in touch.

I love and miss them so much…I have to stay in touch.

***note*** if you will notice, Caleb doesn’t have on shoes in this picture. I will write more on this tomorrow.

Once again we were in the car and on the road. Eventhough it was hard to say good bye I was so excited to see my forever friend, Lynne. We have been best friends since high school and we had alot of laughing to catch up on.

Stay tuned for homeward bound day 4, tomorrow.

Thanks for reading! I love you more than synchronized swimming!