Today is a very exciting day. It’s my birthday! I know a lot of people don’t like to think about your birthday…much less celebrate it. Well, I’m not one of those people. I think birthdays should be celebrated and celebrated a lot…no matter what age we are.
Today I turned 49. The last year of my forties. The last year before the big 50. As I was thinking about this very special year, I decided to make the best of it….and I decided to make a list of 49 things I would like to do in my 49th year. It’s not a list of super exciting or grandiose things…it’s kind of like a watered down version of a bucket list, but it’s my “to do” list just the same. Anyway, it goes something like this.
Note: these are not numbered in order of importance…just as they came to mind 😉
1. I want to go across the highway from my house, dig up wildflowers and plant then in my yard
2. Visit my family in Mississippi.
3. Spend a full day without saying one word (just as an experiment).
4. Host a ladies brunch here at my house for all of the women in my life that have poured into me, loved me and prayed for me over the years. Don’t that sound like fun?
4. Build a new flower bed on the north side of my house for hydrangea only.
5. Take an unscheduled road trip. I need more spontaneity in my life.
6. Spend the day with Colton, my first-born, just the two of us doing whatever we want to do.
7. Zip line. Yep you heard me right, zip line! I am deathly afraid of heights…actually I’m paralyzed by them but I think this is something I need to do to help me with my fears. I’m also terrified of new purses….so I think I should go purse shopping too 😉
8. Mow a lawn. I’ve never mowed an entire lawn before…mainly because Devin doesn’t trust me to drive his precious lawn mower plus he thinks I can’t make straight enough lines but I aim to prove him wrong!
9. Go to Canton Texas and take part in the Canton trade days. I’ve heard about it long enough…it’s time to experience it.
10. Mentor someone.
11. Shabby Chic another piece of furniture?
12. Watch endless, back to back episodes of the Andy Griffith show.
13. Go caroling with a bunch of girlfriends and then have hot chocolate by a fire afterwards.
14. Have one of my stories published.
15. Learn to like coffee.
16. Volunteer at a soup kitchen.
17. See the Christmas lights in Branson.
18. Teach a cooking class. I want to do this so bad!!!
19. Spend the day with Kelsey, my second born, just the two of us all by ourselves doing whatever we want.
20. Go through a haunted corn maze with people who love to laugh.
21. Spend and afternoon with June Dorsey.
22. I would like to be an usher at my church for just one day. I’ve done just about everything in the church but that…so usher it is! OH! and run the sound system!
23. Make divinity
24. Make my own vanilla. I’ve always wanted to make my own but, knowing I needed Vodka kept me from it….and I was afraid I would go to hell if I stepped one foot in a liquor store to buy it. Now that I’m 49, I know better.
25. Understand Suduko…because I don’t!
26. Go someplace I’ve never been before with Mr. Wonderful, and stay for a week…like a second honeymoon!
27. Go all winter without shaving my legs. Oh wait…I did that last year! Oh well, I’ll do it again.
28. Use my antique red, white and blue glasses for the 4th of July. I say that every year and every year I forget….but not this year baby!! I’m turning over a new leaf!
29. Make zucchini jelly.
30. Take a conceal and carry class.
31. Research digital cameras. Buy a digital. Take pictures with a digital camera.
32. Spend the day with my mom, just the two of us doing whatever we want.
33. One thing I really, really, really…and I mean really want to get this year, is high-speed internet. We don’t have it. Never have had it. Why? Two words. “tight” and “wad”. In Mr. Wonderful’s defense, we live out in the middle of nowhereville and it’s kind of pricey…PLUS he did surprise me with and iPad so i could blog…but I can still want it can’t I?
34. Burn this stupid arm brace..it’s downing my vibe.
35. Spend the day with Megan, my wonderful daughter-in-law, just the two of us doing whatever we want.
36. Take my girls to the James River women’s conference. It’s phenomenal!
37. Have this skin cancer taken off my top lip. In my head, I’m screaming to the top of my lungs that I don’t want to have my lip cut on!!…but it has to be done 🙁 I’m so vein
38. Not to worry about how bad my lips gonna look.
39. Spend the entire day with Cassady, my third born. Just the two of us doing whatever we want.
40. Buy a new hammock.
41. Read a book in my new hammock.
42. Have a facial. I love a facial. I need a facial. I want a facial.
43. Turn the music up real loud and dance like nobody’s watching.
44. Get Botox between my eyes. No…never mind I don’t want to do that…yes I do….well maybe not….obviously the verdict is still out in this one.
45. Paint my toenails Canary yellow.
46. Go to a Christmas parade.
47. Spend the day with Caleb, the baby of the bunch, just the two of us doing whatever we want.
48. Take a walk in the rain.
49. Live my 49th year right smack dab in the middle of Gods perfect will, doing exactly what He has planned for me to do!
Note: this list is NOT set in stone and is subject to change at the whim of the author 😉